Roxanne the Adorable African Grey

Roxanne the Adorable African Grey
Wouldn't you like to work for me?

Sunday, September 18, 2011

OHHHHHH Brother!!

I was barely settled in to my home, and had just begun the training process for my servants when another parrot came on the scene.  I’ll admit, he is one gorgeous little Amazon, all yellow-crested with amazing plumage, but honestly?  Dumb as a stump.
My main servant, Freada spent an inordinate amount of time researching Portuguese words, seeking a suitable name for him.  Poor little guy! He had been abandoned, and then caught up in a nasty divorce.  Servants can really pluck you up—if you follow me.
This naming process was arduous.  Finally hitting upon a word that meant “Golden Opportunity”, in reference to his amazing gold eyes, Freada chose ‘Propicio’.  Right----
What they didn’t know is this little guy was trying very hard to tell them his name.  So I was finally forced to pass the information on, just to keep some semblance of what was left of my sanity!
He kept saying, ‘rip---rip-----rip------‘ .
After a couple of days of this, I took the bird by the beak, so to speak.  I yelled back, “HEY-RIP!!!!"
He was so happy, he then began yelling “HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY!!!!!
Be careful what you wish for.
Suffice it to say, his name in RIP.  He LOVES Freada, HATES Joe, which is the diametrical opposite of how I feel on any given day, so it’s a wash.
I have to say though, he smells sooooooooo good.  Reminds me of Jasmine and Gardenias and sexy music.  Did I just say that out loud?  RIP!




No comments:

Post a Comment