Roxanne the Adorable African Grey

Roxanne the Adorable African Grey
Wouldn't you like to work for me?

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Micco and the Rabbit Hole

So much has changed since my last post, I feel like I fell down the rabbit hole with Alice.

We moved again.   Oh, not to some classy place like  Boca or even Vero, where I would be appreciated and admired.  No, we moved to Micco.  You don't even have to say it --- I've already covered it, and it's not on the map.  Just tell your friends I am 4 miles south of Grant.  Unfortunately, I don't think Grant is on the map either.

Now don't get me wrong, we finally got an outdoor enclosure as promised -- but it certainly could use my decorative touch.  Well, what can I say?  I do my best with what is given me.

You can't believe how quiet the past 3 weeks have been.  Joe the Toy Maker and my Executive Assistant/Slave decided that taking care of all of us was simply too difficult.  Of course, I was safe from the cut.  It had to be a toss-up between RIP and Silvio.  If you guessed the screeeeecher lost out, Bingo!

Funny thing about quiet-it's highly over-rated.  This place was more like a tomb than a room.  With Silvio away at MARS (www.marsparrots.org)  for what appears to have been a spa vacation, I almost forgot how to curse.

Well, the surprise is on me. My assistants actually missed that pain-in-the-tail feathers.  When I awoke from this afternoon's nap, who should be coming through the door but Silvio (aka Cracker), umbrella top-knot standing up like the headdress of a drag queen in Vegas.  I saw that on Criminal Minds late one night through a peep hole I chewed in my blanket.  Do you think that may be one reason the office is being turned into our sleep room?  No, surely not.  Maybe all the screeching and resultant cursing has something to do with it.  Then again, the office IS quite colorful and it is high time my ES figured out I'm worth it.

From now on, Silvio gets a stay-cation and I get the spa treatment.  Don't they know who I am??  I'm encouraged that my fans are more perceptive.

This is Roxanne echoing to you from the edge of the rabbit hole until next time my ES is willing to type for me or I get the voice recognition software I ordered. Late night TV and the Shopping Network are a dangerous duo in my talons.

No comments:

Post a Comment