Roxanne the Adorable African Grey

Roxanne the Adorable African Grey
Wouldn't you like to work for me?

Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's a Dawg's Life

Don't get me wrong, dogs are fine (in their place), but that place is NOT in the bird cages of my parrot brothers, in the courtyard.

Confused?  Imagine how our neighbors much have felt this afternoon, when my bird-brained brothers had a barking contest.  Seriously, can't a gal sun herself in peace while practicing show tunes?  Not around this zoo.

I'm considering requesting private time outdoors.  These sibling issues are beginning to take their toll.  I've forgotten the intro to 'Singing in the Rain', one of my best tunes. And why dawgs, anyhow? My guess is they are too dumb to mimic catz.  And if I may say so, that's just sad.

I have to say, they do put an entirely new spine to the expression, 'Barking Mad'.

It's late, my Executive Assistant has 'a sleeping pill with her name on it' (that's a quote), and I have an early practice in mind.  I think a few rousing bars of my latest favorite, Smoke on the Water, should be payback enough for the Dawg fight.  What do you think??  "bomp bomp bomp, bomp bomp ba bomp, bomp bomp bomp, bomp-bomp----

(If you are too old to know what song I'm referring to, don't admit it -- hint --- my current fav color is 'Deep Purple' --wink.)

No comments:

Post a Comment